Welcome here fellow Superhuman!
My name is Mihaly Safran, fitness coach, athlete and author from Hungary.
A large part of my life has always been defined by sports. I started with swimming, pentathlon, tried handball, and even enjoy canoeing. I have been paddling since the age of 8. I’m grateful in many respects for this sport: successes, experiences and friendships, trips around the world, fitness, endurance, fighting spirit… I started in 1992 but unfortunately had to quit around 2013-2014 due to burnout and injuries associated with elite-level training.
I usually never get bored so the sport is still dominant in my life, only the purpose changed: to regain the health of my muscles and joints. I became a generalist and it moved me to new types of exercises like natural movements (MovNat), bodyweight and weight training, pilates, Obstacle Course Races, SUP&windsurfing and many sports that I hadn’t tried before. I also started to coach people for everyday fitness and for performance.
I’m endlessly curious. I like to learn new things and enjoy collecting experiences. In school I was most interested in the natural sciences, so I graduated as a chemical technician and health preventing bio-engineer at university. I read a lot and researched what would be the best diet for humans, how our physiology works on the deepest level (quantum biology) and how can we enhance our sport & everyday life performance.
The past few years I’ve been reading books and scientific articles like mad in my quest to stay on top of the latest trends and advances in profession and my athletic lifestyle. Through all my research I felt it was time publish books and articles to share the knowledge I’ve gained.
If we want to be healthy and fit then it’s not just the food&exercise that matters, but countless other lifestyle, environmental, psychological factors. This is what my articles and books are about.
I continuously educate myself as a coach. Some sports that I coach are MovNat, functional bodybuilding-fitness, kayak-canoe, Spartan Bodyweight and Girja, OCR preparation and there are other courses in my plan as well. I like to transfer this theoretical knowledge and almost 30 years of athletic experience into practice on my training sessions.
Currently I’m living in Fuerteventura, one of the Canary Islands in Spain. It’s a beautiful, sunny place, with a lot of nice natural areas to exercise outside.
Let me know if you would like to join my trainings or would like to improve your performance personally or via online coaching!
I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE WITH HEALTHY-STRONG-SKILLFUL-SMART-HAPPY PEOPLE WHO ARE IN A STRONGER RELATIONSHIP WITH NATURE.
WHY TO LEARN FROM ME?
- Because I have a complex viewpoint
- 30+ years experience in sport
- University level in biochemistry, +10 years own research in biophysics, exercise physiology, training methods
- Any advice I give, I have already tested on myself
- Passion for learning and teaching the ancient&modern knowledge about human physiology, training methods
Born: 21st March, 1985 in Győr, Hungary
Studies: Biochemical Engineer, Sport trainer
Books (Hungarian, English)
- A paleón túl (Beyond paleo)
- Vad paleo (Wild paleo) – coauthor Elmira Mezei
- Napfény diéta (Sunlight diet)
- Irodai Egyensúly Program (Office Balance Program)
- SunnyFitness, (English version here)
- Legyél Te is Biohacker! (Become a biohacker!) – coauthor Peter Lakatos
- SunnyFitness – Body Maintenance (English version here)
Professional Sprint Canoeist Background
- Olympian 2008 Beijing
- World Championship Bronze Medalist (C-4 1000 m, 2011)
- 2x European Champion (C-2 1000m 2009, C-4 1000m 2011)
- 2x Senior and 30x Junior National Champion
- 2x U23 European Champion C-2 1000m (2007, 2008)
- Junior World Champion C-1 1000m (2003)
- Personal best(s): C-1 1000m 3:49, C-1 500m 1:49, C-2 1000m 3:32
- MovNat Certified Trainer Level 2
- Practicing and Teaching MovNat since 2014
- Spartan Bodyweight&Girja Trainer (Gabriella Bánkuti)
- Fitness-Bodybuilding Coach
- Canoe-Kayak Coach
- Professional Training Programming (Gábor Fűzy)
SUP, windsurfing, ice swimming, hiking, guitar, reading, nature, friends & enjoying life